Saturday, December 30, 2006

Sailing Day

Miscellaneous stuff.

Cruise-related things my husband worries about:
  • One of us mysteriously falling overboard
  • One of us being mysteriously kidnapped while in Mexico
  • Sharks
  • Norovirus

Cruise-related things I worry about:

  • The Poseidon Adventure - why that particular movie was mentioned in yesterday's USA Today, I don't know, but it deals with a ship turning turtle due to a rogue wave, on New Year's Eve. Coincidence? I sincerely hope so. I'll have to exert substantial energy to think of other things until Monday comes.

I would really like someone to explain to the hotel industry that, when buying sheets, "300 count" and "300 grit" are not the same thing. And that the "StaySmart" sheets at the Holiday Inn Express, with their woven-in pattern of stripes, simply make their guests feel as if they've been sleeping on a BBQ grill.

It's sunny outside here. Hope the snow is letting up.

1 comment:

Jen said...

K - Those girls on the sidewalk in Vegas always bothered me too. Why would they choose that work??? Did you actually have the opportunity to distinguish between the rollercoaster and shooting witnesses????

Blizzard #2. Not so big, probably only 12 inches of snow, 3 hours with the HOA snowblower to get the neighborhood dug out. Supposed to be sunny and 40 today. You may see grass when you get home.

Stay away from the edges of the boat. Hey to L and B for me.

Cruise Clock ticker